Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Don't Fight the Trend!

Don't fight the trend:


Attempting to go against the trend will usually get you no where and you will most likely incur loss of time, money and effort.  I have been watching some of these stocks below to initiate short positions but they have yet to break down.  I was lucky enough to close out my short position in JVA today just before it started to squeeze.  I attempted a short position in ONTY when it breached the low of the morning at 9.10 but it only bounced back and I stopped out.  To short stocks like these, you just have to sit on your hands and watch them constantly until they are ready to break down and confirm a change in trend by making a lower low and a lower high.  The reversals in these stocks are so quick and if you are not watching closely, you will miss out on the perfect short.

Still trending higher (for now):
JVA



ONTY



Possible short term reversals in trend:

PCYC



YOKU

 

In the meantime, Lesson to me: don't fight the trend, trade the trend until it stops or wait for the perfect short opportunity to present itself!  Trade what you see, not what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment