Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just wanted to stop by and give an update... Haven't been doing much trading lately due to alot of training going on in the Day Job (which I hope to keep for 5 more years and retire at 35 Ha!).

I have been doing a few swing trades and have a few positions on at the moment including ATPG (which attempted to break out but pulled back on friday, even theough the market popped to almost break even which is a positive)  I expect ATPG to continue its move and sold off a bit on profit taking from the previous day's move up and no one wanted to hold  over the weekend.  I expect ATPG to hold above the 50SMA and continue higher... IMO.

Also holding some SHLD calls which have stalled out on me and expected it to move higher already.  Sold a few  for a profit but holding 2/3d's pos which I expect to sell before earning date (At least most).

Below are a few stocks I've checked out which I think might have potential in the coming week for a move higher.

DCTH - In a short term uptrend and currently above all SMAs.  Lurking around a key resistance level which it has currently failed to get over.  Current wedge formation is starting to tighten and I think it has a good chance to break to the 11 area, 12.50 second target.



VHC - Long term fav of mine which I recommended at 7.50 and unfortunately ended up selling in the 12's, but hey, profit is profit.  I am liking the pattern here for a continued break out as it has been holding up very well and creating a new wedge formating as well.



TSTC - Longer term wedge formed here and right under the 200SMA but above the 50 and 100.  I pop over this descending trend line forming the wedge and 200ma should take this one higher. Could be looking for a 14.80 to at 15.50 target.  Keep an eye on it.



ALTH - a bottom picking / bounce off support play with a flat-lining 50ma and potential to break this downtrend due to good price movement on high volume friday.  1st target would be about 4.80 which is a good prior support/resistance area.  Both Stochs and MACD turning up on this past move.  Could continue its recent momentum.


I Hope to be back in action by the end of November so just trying to start to get warmed up again.  Trade em well and thanks for reading!

BT

No comments:

Post a Comment